- Construct the project on time within budget.
- Review and approve construction methods and sequence of operations.
- Coordinate manpower and equipment utilization.
- Assist project manager in conducting effective pre-construction/pre-planning meetings.
- Understand the contractual scope of the work. Familiarity with plans and specifications.
- Direct and supervise foreman.
- Coordinate with Project Manager/Project Engineer/Estimator.
- Supervise and update the project schedule.
- Interact with the Owner's representatives, including attending weekly owner meetings.
- Coordinate subcontractor and district/division work. Understand inclusions and exclusions.
- Monitor job site safety compliance.
- Maintain union relations.
- Ensure timely project close out and punch list finalization.
- Review job costs and budget controls with project manager/foreman.
- Monitor processing of timesheet and extra work efficiency.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill And Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must utilize effective management techniques to maximize project performance.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes and standards, and their impact on project activities is vital.
- Superior organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Effective communication
- Leadership, coaching, and employee development
- Adaptability/change management
- Conflict resolution/problem solving
- Time management/multitasking
- Detail oriented
- Stress management
- Performance management
- Interpersonal awareness
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience.
8+ years’ experience with extensive knowledge of construction techniques.
- Regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions
- Noise level may be moderate to loud on project sites
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to stand and walk
- Regularly lifts and moves up to 25lbs