The Superintendent supervises the field construction of a project, including its organization, planning, and scheduling, in order to complete the work on time, within budget, and to quality specified. Exterior wall experience required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Primary liaison with owners/ architects/ engineers for the day-to-day construction activities of the project.
- Develop and implement overall project work schedules identifying the critical path including the expediting of scheduled critical materials and equipment for their timely delivery to site.
- Lead, supervising and developing all Turner field staff, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Develop and managing the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Manage and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Oversee work among all trades to promote and coordinate project operations. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Manage labor relations with subcontractors and Turner trade staff.
- Implement mock-ups and associated testing, review and approval.
- Ensure all necessary permits and insurance are in place and kept current for the term of the project. Acting as liaison to inspection agencies.
- Perform in the capacity of Stormwater Compliance Coordinator (SCC) in accordance with Turner's Stormwater Compliance Program.
- Manage the General Conditions and General Requirements (Back Page) for the project to maintain budget.
- Manage the billing process as it relates to Work-In-Place (WIP) and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
- Manage the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of four years' related training and at least eight years of exterior wall building construction experience required, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Thorough knowledge and understanding of the general and subcontract documents, drawings, specifications, construction means, methods and materials, understanding of line and grade and survey methods. Knowledge of construction cost control and basic accounting procedures. Computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite programs. Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as Building Information Models (BIM) and Lean to benefit the project. Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of accounting and cost control procedures.