More Information about this job
The Superintendent supervises the field construction process of assigned projects in accordance with the plans and specifications, to ensure that each phase of the work (and therefore the over‐all project) is completed on schedule, within the budget, and with the quality workmanship expected by the Company and the customer. The Superintendent supervises, inspects, reviews, records, and reports all on site construction related activity ensuring that the assigned subcontractors perform their work on schedule. May supervise one or more projects at the same time.
Develops a cost‐effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical
pattern for utilization of resources.
Oversees performance of all trade sub contractors and reviews architectural and
engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being
- Is responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Plans and supervises Assistant Superintendent, Foremen, and/or craft activities, including determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
- Tracks and controls construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and on budget.
- Reports to project managers, owners, architects, and/or general contractors about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that are indicated.
- Responsible for implementation and execution of best practice construction means & methods for assigned projects.
- Coordinates assigned work with work of different crafts, company departments, or other contractors.
- Promptly assigns and deploys personnel to the job sites. Performs any necessary reallocation of labor (project to project) as needed.
- Directs the daily activities of employees and vendors to insure compliance with contract documents, safety rules, quality and security requirements to maximize production and eliminate disruptions and downtime.
- Advises on all job site problems and identifies work outside the scope of the project and provides the supporting authorization and documentation for all change orders, extras, escalation, and back charges in a timely manner.
- Maintains detailed, concise daily project records, documents all important issues through field correspondence
- Evaluates management / logistics plan to ensure that it correlates with the labor plan and overall job plan.
- Continuously manages Foreman generated labor hours versus percent complete reports.
- Identifies, reports, and takes corrective actions as necessary.
- Determines that the Foreman understands his responsibility and authority. Solve any and all problems that the Foreman cannot solve.
- Ensure that the Foreman is complying with the job plan.
- Continuously monitors and evaluates personnel using approved performance evaluations and reviews.
- Monitors craft compliance with project safety program requirements; documents and nsures corrective measures are implemented.
- Four year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience (licensed journeyman)
- 6 ‐10 years supervisory experience in electrical construction technology, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures required.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (safety, technology, equipment, methods), Company policies, procedures and standards.
- Solid understanding of construction and labor scheduling, cost control and ability to control and supervise large groups is essential.
- Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory and planning skills required.
Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen, and when applicable if duties involve operating motor vehicle must be able to pass motor vehicle record check.