Starlite Building Services is a construction services operation that serves clients throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, New York City, and Los Angeles. We can help with defining scopes, budgeting, and site logistics. Our team is made up of hundreds of talented and dedicated craft workers providing valuable assistance with project scope, budgeting, scheduling, site logistics, and materials.
Join our team to bring exceptional building experience via assurance, control, efficiency, cost and time savings, quality, and—of course—safety.
- Work in partnership with project manager to identify and address issues of constructability or lack of scope during preconstruction phase
- Participate in development and final review of scope, buy-out and schedule
- Research, review and address any owner, landlord, city/state requirement or procedure to avoid project delays, ensure safety, and/or ensure client satisfaction
- Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and commitments including financial goals, scheduling, logistics, phasing, milestones, inspections
- Oversee all daily field operations to ensure proper site safety, construction, progress, quality control and a clean site
- Work in partnership with PM to maintain an updated and accurate project schedule that reflects the changes in project status and that meets the cost and time requirements of the project
- Exceed client expectations for each project by understanding client needs, wants, preferences and culture
- Demonstrate and maintain effective and open dialogue with the project team regarding changes in work, job conditions, subcontractor relations and any deviation in the direction of the project
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors instilling this philosophy in project team at all times
- Maintain and review punch list process to ensure all are addressed and executed in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in all company-wide training and development initiatives, also work with and mentor assistant superintendent, Shawmut labor and carpentry staff
- Uphold Shawmut Values and 16 Best Practices
- 7+ year's experience both in union and non-union environments
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of safety procedures and regulations
- Experience in managing, training and developing people
Shawmut prohibits discrimination against any staff member or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, disability, creed, citizenship status, or any other legally protected characteristic.