My client, a leading General Contractor, is searching for a Superintendent for their Chicagoland area office. This company is closing in on 100 years of being in business and operates in multiple states. With this company the opportunities are unlimited.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Review project drawings, specifications, budgets, etc., in Pre-Construction Meeting with Project Managers and General Superintendent
- Mobilize project site with complete trailer set-up and temporary utilities
- Review Project schedulewith Project Manager and discuss any potential changes
- Plan, coordinate and supervise all on-site functions, including schedule maintenance and compliance, construction sequence and site logistics
- Review all subcontract agreements and discuss any conflicts or potential oversights with Project Managers
- Supervise and manage all field activities to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. This includes interface with the client, architect/engineer and othercontractors as necessary
- Administer on-site safety program requirements, work rules, etc. Document all violations, and notify Project Manager and General Superintendent of any problems
- Assist the Project Manager in reviewing and documenting all shop drawings and submittals for contract and code compliance
To qualify for this position you must have the following background:
- Minimum of 10 years of constructionexperience
- Minimum of 5years in a Superintendent role
- Minimum OSHA30 Hour certification
- Must possess strong understanding of safety, presentation skills, writing skills and verbal skills
- Must be proficient withMS Office and MS Project
- Must be able to promote a culture of safety
- Some travelwithin the area may be required
My client is known for building strong, long lasting relationships based on trust and integrity. This is a family owned company that is known for doing the right thing with their customers and their clients.
My client is very motivated to hire and this position won’t be around for long. For consideration please forward a Word copy of your resume to . Qualified candidates will contacted within 24 hours.