At Balfour Beatty Construction in Orlando, Florida we are seeking a Superintendent to work on a commercial construction job-site. The Superintendent is responsible for all field operations, including the coordination of subcontractors’ work. Responsible for all field activities associated with the project, including ultimate responsibility for implementation of Safety/Zero Harm program for the job site, supervision of all field construction work by subcontractors and self-performed work. Shares responsibility with the project manager for developing the project budget, actively participating in the preconstruction phase, and ensuring that the project is built on time, within budget, and according to company policies and procedures. Manages and mentors assistant superintendents and other field personnel.
- Project Financial Responsibilities
- Preconstruction Services
- Project Scheduling
- Project Administration, Operations, and Close-out
- Promote Customer Relations
- Promote Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ten years or more of commercial construction field experience.
- Three years of direct supervisory experience related to subcontractor management.
- Proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, the internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- Ability to read plans and specs.
- Scheduling experience sequence using software application.
- Able to meet minimum driving record requirements for company truck.
- Tier 1 Construction backgrounds, helpful.
- Previous or current commercial construction experience working on High-rise, K-12, Higher Education, Mixed-use, Hospitality, & Amusement Parks highly desired.
- Local qualified candidates encouraged to apply.