Do you have an extreme commitment to safety? Are you a hard-working leader that never settles for less than superior quality? Do you prefer to manage the construction process from outside the trailer? If the answer is, “Yes!” then we have an exciting, long-term career opportunity for you based in New York, NY. Who are we? We are ARCO, The Design/Build Experts.
You’ll need 5-25 years of experience leading ground-up, commercial or light industrialconstruction projects, 100K sq ft and above. You’ll have the opportunity to manage the construction and administrative activities associated with the field operations of a project from day one! Bringing the project to completion on schedule, within budget, and per the project specifications.
WHAT ARCO CAN OFFER YOU
We are dedicated to the well-being of our associates and are proud to be consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work. Our compensation and benefits package not only supports our associates and their families but benefits local communities and communities around the world.
- Company pick-up truck or truck allowance
- Living and travel reimbursement
- Business expenses and mileage reimbursement
- Industry-leading performance-based bonus program
- Generously funded profit sharing
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Tuition reimbursement for associates
- Scholarship for associates’ children up to $28,000 per child
- 1-month paid sabbatical after every five years of employment, plus $5,000 for travel
- 1-week paid volunteer leave each year
- 100% charitable match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 100% paid 10-week maternity leave
At ARCO, our first core value is to treat people fairly and do the right thing. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AT ARCO
- Attend the post award review meeting to receive project information and details for preplanning prior to construction
- Participate with the project manager in preparing a schedule of construction activities and their sequence, the organization structure, staff selection, and the manpower and construction
equipment requirements of the project
- Direct and control the total construction project to meet specifications and within the allotted time schedule in an efficient manner to produce the expected profit
- Assist in the activities of the project manager/engineer in their duties including prompt shipment of materials and permanent equipment, in obtaining approvals of shop drawings and material samples
- Coordinate the activities of subcontractors to permit them to perform their work effectively and to integrate it with project schedules and progress
- Inform all supervisors and subcontractors promptly of any constructionschedule changes
- Assist in the preparation of all job progress and cost reports to accurately reflect actual costs
- Review and approve all requisitions, field purchase orders, invoices, and other significant reports and documents
- Cooperate with the owner and his representatives, keeping them informed of construction progress
- Cooperate with architects or owner representatives on an amicable basis, but in the long term interest of the company
- Hold jobsite meetings with project manager and the regional manager
- Report regularly to the project manager to keep them constantly informed on job progress, plans, and problems that could significantly affect costs or schedules
- Maintain a daily diary to permanently record all significant project facts, events, conditions, visitors, owner representative contacts, commitments, agreements and approvals
- Direct adherence to the company’s safety program in all phases and areas of the project
- 5-25 years of constructionexperience, with at least 5 of those years as a superintendent on ground-up projects that are a minimum of 100k sq ft.
- At least five years of recent experience working in within New York City is required
- An active DOB Superintendents License
- A valid SST Site Safety card
- Ability to travel within the Tri-State area as needed
- Computer skills: proficiency in using Word, Excel, Outlook and project scheduling programs
Job ID 2018-2692