Allan Myers Core Values
- Communicates models and continuously reinforces AM culture and leadership practices with direct reports, including AM Values, Safety, Delay Free Production, Ethics Policy and the Collaborative Way.
- Gains complete understanding of plan details and specifications of the projectassigned including estimate, man-hour budget and production rates; communicates plan details to the Project Team.
- Develops a master plan of operation, coordinates the plan with the ProjectManager prior to starting work and effectively communicates the plan toappropriate personnel.
- Participates in the preparation and communication of construction execution plan, progress schedules and projection of labor and equipment requirements.
- May participate in the pre-construction and post-construction meeting with theowner or the owner representative and/or appropriate government regulatory agencies.
- Manages suppliers and subcontractors in conjunction with the ProjectManager to ensure safety, profit, scheduling and customer satisfaction.
- Develops delay free work operations.
- Plans and organizes work to maximize potential crew productivity by employing delay free production; maximizes equipment utilization levels by ensuring availability and operator effectiveness. Coordinates with operations on theproject needs for equipment and labor.
Technical: Delay Free Production/Quality
- Responsible for day-to-day quality control of both company-performed and subcontractor work. Identifies and corrects non-conforming work in an efficient and competent manner.
- Ensures that all work performed and products/materials used meet the AI standard of workmanship and comply with contractual standards and specifications.
- Implements and monitors the AI Safety Program including the coordination ofproject activities to ensure compliance with all government regulatory guidelines and agencies. Directly responsible for subcontractor compliance withthe AI Safety Program.
- Assists estimating in the bidding process.
- Assists the Project Manager in the pre-construction planning process. Reviews the project specifications for potential hazards.
- Reviews safety issues discussed at pre-construction meeting with Field Manager. Promotes and enforces corporate safety program with field personnel and subcontractors and reviews safety plans for scheduled work. Communicates safety expectations with Field Managers, including documentation, safety violations, accidents and preventative measures.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel to specific responsibilities.
- Monitors, directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other Superintendents and the customer to implement successful project plans.
- Supervises, maintains communication and mentors/coaches Field Managers. Assists Field Managers in the management process of crews. May involve Field Managers in developmental activities such as the in-house pre-construction planning process and development of the project schedule.
- Encourages and promotes teamwork, motivation, people development, theCollaborative Way and retention within Project Team.
- Communicates, follows and enforces Human Resources, Equipment/Dispatch and Project Management Foundation Manual policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates AI Leadership qualities. Is Proactive, Accountable, Discerning, Innovative, Collaborative, Integrity Based, Successful and Balanced. Is an Influencer, Continual Learner, Teacher/Coach and Agent of Change.
- Builds project in accordance with all plans and specifications; ensures compliance with all building codes and local ordinances. May require permit verification and documents inspections in accordance with company and regulatory guidelines.
- Understands and is fully knowledgeable of project contract documents, plans, specifications, subcontracts, purchase orders, shop drawings and all other documents related to the project.
- Inspects job site and documents for any preexisting conditions. Ensures and verifies accurate layout.
- Maintains professional relationships with owner, engineer and other members ofthe construction team.
- Ensures appropriate parties are informed of major changes in the construction plan or reallocation of resources.
- Identifies, measures and reports work changes as they pertain to thecontract document to Project Manager. Participates in pricing any changed or additional work.
- Works with Project Managers and other company representatives to develop job schedule that is consistent with company’s responsibilities and commitments.
- Reviews schedule during project to ensure deadlines are met; notifies appropriate parties of all delays or potential delays and completes necessary documentation.
- Preplans and communicates project activities using short interval schedules asrequired. Attends pre-construction and construction meetings as necessary. Constantly verifies material and resource delivery requirements and ensures adequate flow as to not impede work progress.
- Identifies potential and actual work delays and develops/implements recovery plan; delivers project on schedule.
- Interprets and monitors crew cost reports and crew cost factors; reviews job costs with Project Manager and Field Managers; may attend monthly job cost meetings.
- Administers timely and accurate paperwork/documentation for project activities to include change orders, T & M, purchase orders and payroll.
Supervises Field Managers, including Surveyors. Directs the activities ofsubcontractors and other suppliers. May supervise Field Engineers.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required (equivalent work experience will be considered)
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred (continuing education in construction highly desirable)
- Minimum 6 years of construction experience with at least 2 years of construction supervisory experience required
- Experience in multiple trade disciplines preferred
- OSHA 30 hour certification required (those not having this credential must certify or be enrolled in a certification course within 6 months of hire/promotion)
- Valid driver’s license required