Alutiiq Diversified Services seeks a construction Superintendent to complete an in progress project and assist in other ongoing projects as well as participate in newly acquired contracts at Fort Lewis, WA. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for field construction operations within assigned discipline or areas. Safely directs assigned construction work in accordance with Alutiiq’s safety program.
- Ensure assigned construction operations and subcontractors performance are in compliance with specifications and within schedules and budget.
- Supervise and direct operations within assigned discipline or area.
- Supervise foremen, subcontractors and others as assigned.
- Perform general functions inherent in all supervisory field positions.
- Coordinate and schedule multiple subcontractors
- Identify project/task hazards with authority to correct hazards or terminate activities if hazards cannot be corrected in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with Project Team, Project Manager, Customer/Owner, and others to resolve safety/quality control issues.
- Attend the pre-construction conference, pre-work meetings including preparatory inspection meeting, and periodic in-progress meetings. Assist SSHO/QCM to enforce accepted AHAs and Quality Control Plan.
- Ensure sub-contractor compliance with safety and health requirements.
- Work efficiently with Microsoft outlook and excel documenting daily logs, schedules, purchase order logs and daily communication with team members.
- Perform light construction work if necessary.
- Ten (10) years of Superintendent experience.
- Project experience in the $1M to $15M range including, site work, grading, site utilities and multi-story buildings.
- Government/USACE/NAVFAC construction experience as a lead superintendent
- Must have experience working with the USACE or NAVFAC - CQM certification, preferred.
- Must have current First Aid/CPR certifications.
- Ability to pass a background screening for the appropriate Military entity having jurisdiction over the project.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Proficiency in PC-based software to include Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to function in and develop teams
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change
- Ability to work flexible hours, as required meeting deadlines