The Artistic Director is responsible for teaching in-salon seminars for the Supercuts certification/recertification process as well as Supercuts techniques for cutting, coloring, and The Guest Experience service offered in the salon.
- Train stylists on Supercuts Technique, guest service and communication via Hairstylist Academy.
- Conduct a quality consultation by suggesting hairstyles according to physical features of the customer and current styles, or determine the style from instructions of client.
- Analyze clients' hair to determine condition of hair and appropriate methods to reach the desired outcome.
- Scheduled full time including 1-2 plan days per month and multiple weeks of travel, including overnight stay
- Partner with Regional Directors and franchisees to identify training needs, concerns, and new trends
- Teach stylists all necessary and current styles, color and haircutting techniques
- Teach stylists how to effectively promote and sell services and products
- Communicate effectively with department, management, clients, and stylists in a professional manner
- Management of the studio including inventory, ordering, budget management, cleanliness and maintenance, ensuring a safe working environment and reporting any issues or concerns
- Managing model base of 100% for every class
- Complete documentation in a timely manner during administrative time or on plan days including class enrollment reports, timecards, model recruitment, class prep, expense reports, etc.
- Present and maintain a professional image
Work Sites and Training Studio
- Supercuts Artistic Director will be assigned to a training studio as well as a designated list of worksites (subject to change). Work may also extend beyond the designated worksites to meet the needs of the business.
- For list of worksites associated with this position, please contact the hiring manager
- When moving, we reserve the right to reevaluate and reassign work sites
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a stylist, minimum of 1 year with Supercuts required
- Work well with others in a wide range of work settings
- Ability to handle conflict/complaints
- Solution oriented
- Strong communication skills, verbal/written
- Drive rental car, with a valid current driver's license, up to three hours per day and in darkness
- Must have reliable transportation to position worksites
- Ability to travel on average 50% domestically and internationally
- Work is to be performed solely at daily worksite
Licensing: Position requires a valid and current Cosmetology license and driver's license
- Conduct training classes for 4 to 5 consecutive days, up to 8-10 hours per day
- Ability to work in an environment with exposure to various chemicals and fragrances
- Continuous standing/walking throughout the day to teach and perform hair services
- Frequent repetitive movement using shears to cut hair, apply foils, and stock shelves, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with stylists and clients regarding services offered and requested and the client's needs and wants
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills necessary to read and complete the following: Training curriculums, company forms, expense reports, class enrollment reports
- Ability to travel on airplane in coach seating and lift and carry luggage up to 50lbs.