Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is hiring a Sr. Sunquest Info Systems Specialist to serve as subject matter expert experienced in all facets of laboratory information systems with special focus on the Sunquest systems. The Sunquest Lab Info Specialist serves as point of escalation for technical support and expert resource needs. Actively promotes a lean work culture by performing group leader duties to encourage consistent use of lean principles and processes, including continually seeking work process improvements. Recognizes necessity of staff to own motivation, morale, performance, and professional development. Actively encourages performance and behavior consistent with a commitment to the lab’s and Children's Healthcare of Atlanta's mission, goals, and values by providing the materials and processes necessary to be successful.
Willing to hire 100% remote on a contract basis or permanent onsite
- Graduation from accredited senior college with degree in Computer Science or Business or equivalent experience
- No professional certifications required
- 5 years of experience in systems analysis in a hospital laboratory environment, including Sunquest and CoPath.
- Expert level Sunquest experiencerequired
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Must demonstrate ability to lead software implementation and upgrade projects from inception to completion without management supervision and to provide leadership support to other team members
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate well-developed and proven organizational, problem-solving, analytical, and time management skills
- Must be able to demonstrate project management, customer service, and support skills
- Must be able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities
- Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Must be able to apply creative methods to analyze and enhance workflow efficiencies
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships and interact positively and productively with teams across organizational lines, including administrative and executive staff
- Strives for adult-adult relationships with staff and provides support that promotes staff engagement, success, and ownership of morale and interactions with other staff
- Invites staff to hold one another accountable
- Providestechnology consulting and customer support services to service lines, departments, individuals, and coworkers.
- Coordinates system-level requests and integrated testing.
- Provides ad hoc reporting.
- Provides high-level application maintenance by coordinating and overseeing regular updates and system monitoring tasks.
- Oversees documentation of support processes, upgrades, and otherdatabase maintenance performed.
- Ensures laboratory information system policies and procedures are up to date and comply with College of American Pathologists, Information Systems & Technology, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Joint Commission, and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in hiring new staff.
Requisition #: 20391