Job Title: Summit Developer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Washington, DC
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The Summit Developer will be expected to provide technical expertise for system design, testing, implementation, and support of various modules of Summit application, as necessary.
- The incumbent will be expected to develop quality code and its associated documentation using Summit API.
- The primary responsibilities of the position include reengineering/enhancing existing interfaces and developing new interfaces/reports using Summit API.
- The incumbent will be expected to coordinate development and testing activities with peers and provide project implementation support.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist development efforts on the enhancements to the Summit applications used by the WBG Treasury for capital markets and investment management functions
- Leverage knowledge of Summit's API to assist in coding the Loader Server Adaptor and Library to specification
- Coordinate development and testing activities with peers locally and offshore
- Provide project implementation support
- Provide detailed technical documentation
- Contribute to the larger team's efforts to support the day-to-day operations of its three Summit instances used in the WBG
- Interface with other in-house systems such as data repositories and accounting and messaging systems, which includes maintaining the existing code base, supporting requests for minor changes and enhancements, and overseeing routine operations to support production activities
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems
- Role Specific experience: 5+ years of experience in building Client-Server/Web-based financial systems using current technologies and Summit API
- Extensive experience with Unix shell scripting, C, C++, Oracle PL/SQL, Crystal Reports, Orbix, Summit API
- Experience in documenting and managing issues and actions for IT development projects
- Advanced understanding of implementation experience with Summit FT
- Expertise in Treasury applications, such as:
- Liability Management systems: issuance and derivatives processing, analytics and reporting, market-to-market and collateral management
- Investment Management systems: settlement, accounting, and financial messaging
- Portfolio Management systems: analytics and financialvaluation of complex structured transactions
- Advanced knowledge of systems design, project coordination, development, and implementation of complex financial information systems
- Ability to provide creative and effective ways of overcoming project management and execution challenges
- Advanced knowledge of the institution's technical and operational infrastructure, relevant institutional policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively liaise with all concerned units on policy and technical issues
- Proven ability to support major technology initiatives and tasks of the unit, including coordination of working teams and maintenance of close and constructive working relationships with management and staff in defining and resolving technology issues
- Proven conceptual, analytical, and judgmental skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills