The Success Manager leverages deep business, industry and product knowledge to partner with customers and guide them to accelerate business value and return from their investment with Salesforce. In this role, the Success Manager will specialize in dealing with large enterprise-sized clients in the retail industry to speak the customer language and ensure customer value realization. They are aligned at key stakeholder level, building and fostering strong relationships to help customers progress on their digital journey. Success Managers work directly with customers that can vary in their size, solution complexity and life cycle, depending on the customers needs.
The ideal Success Manager will possess cloud specialization, e-commerce and retail industry skills that enables them to speak the customer language.
- Primary ownership and accountability for ensuring customer growth, satisfaction, and retention within the assigned accounts, which will include a small number of complex, high-value and Retail customers using multiple Salesforce Clouds.
- Leverage our Customer Success Methodology and partner with customers stakeholders to understand their goals, assess their capabilities and provide recommendations to help them accelerate achievement of their business and technology objectives
- Develop an understanding and knowledge of customer’s Salesforce implementation and evangelize the capabilities of Salesforce across all of our Clouds
- Guide a customer on org strategy, governance and change management best practices based on customer needs
- Multi-Cloud Salesforce product knowledge by mapping platform features and functions to customer business priorities and roadmap
- Proactively identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business goals and work with the account team to build a risk mitigation plan
- Produce and execute a comprehensive adoption path showing the current state, target future state with timeline, and an underlying enablement Plan.
- Deliver business value and innovation to a customer’s business by understanding our customers’ key business challenges and potential for growth
- Build and foster executive-level relationships with the customer’s IT and business executive leadership, sponsors and decision makers to solidify our partnership and commitment to the customer business and IT sponsors & stakeholders
- Working collaboratively with the account team and Salesforce executives across the organization, effectively network within accounts from the Executive-Level down, in order to help customers achieve their objectives
- When appropriate, recommend additional Salesforce services and advisory experts needed to drive success
- Act as the liaison between Product Management and the Customer with a focus on feature collaboration and communicating the feature roadmaps in a balanced "one-versus-many" approach required by the SaaS model
- Collaborate with customer's implementation partner to achieve overall satisfaction with the solution and to create a trusted three way partnership between customer, partner, and Salesforce
- Proactively communicates technical product changes, degradations, outages, end of life and other relevant updates
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- 5 plus years of professional experience, with 2-plus-years of experience in SaaS/enterprise software Account Management or Client Services managing multi-million dollar portfolios of recurring revenue
- Retail and Digital Commerce industry experience and knowledge with a solid understanding of the retail value chain and processes
- Strong consulting skills and proven results working as a Trusted Advisor to drive business value for customers
- Exposure to the development, execution, and overview of account plans for top tier customers
- Exposure to B2B & B2C SaaS models from the vendor side, including commercial contracts
- Ability to drive effective and influencing conversations at the C-level; facilitate difficult discussions and adept at handling objections
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and mapping the customer organizational structure with ability to bridge turnover at any level of the organization
- Ability to quickly grasp and distinctly explain technological and business concepts
- Able to articulate the importance and value of Governance to Business and IT executives
- Good understanding of enterprise architecture principles strongly preferred
- Experience working with distributed, co-located teams required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and in-person and virtual presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate effectively across functions as part of team in a matrix environment
- Success working in a fast-paced, dynamic and creative environment with a rapidly growing company
- Bachelors' degree in a related field required
- Experience with SaaS based CRM and E-Commerce systems such as Salesforce.com preferred