The primary duties of the Project Engineer include responsibility for knowledge and execution of the technical aspects and deliverables of projects assigned and is an experienced, competent engineer who generally understands and can complete all technical requirements of projects of basic to moderate complexity.
- Assigns tasks and provides guidance to junior team members, and coordinates QC reviews for work performed by junior level engineers and/or designers.
- Work with Senior Engineers and the Business Class Leader to identify and develop specific technical expertise and will attend training and seminars focused on further development and understanding of complex concepts related to their discipline.
- May also assist with developing technical papers and/or presentations that showcase HDR’s technical capabilities at industry conferences or other events.
- Responsible for quality control reviews of projects from other teams on an as needed basis.
- Works independently and may direct, mentor, train, and/or supervise efforts of less-experienced EIT's and/or Designers.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in substation physical design or controls and relaying design is required.
- Specific experience performing aspects associated with substation design including One Line Diagrams General Arrangements Sections Grounding Conduit Plans Foundation Plans Material Lists Relay and Control Systems Control Schematics and Wiring Diagrams is required.
- Strong computer skills, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and electrical design software
- Previous experience with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm desired
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Some travel may be required.