Industry: Real Estate & Construction•
8 - 10 years
Posted 181 days ago
This position is responsible for the managerial direction and leadership of the substation engineering department in the Transmission & Distribution (T&D) Global Practice in all NEO’s offices. This position will build a team, grow the department in a dynamic and profitable manner based upon Burns & McDonnell's core values of client satisfaction, commitment, dedication, integrity, safety and overall outstanding service. Specific areas of responsibility include the following, with other duties assigned by senior management:
· Advocate safety in the department.
· Coordinate and promote substation consistency across all NEO offices
· Provide Leadership to the engineering team.
· Demonstrate creativity, foresight and mature judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
· Coordinate shared client work with other T&D offices.
· Monitor progress on projects and provide input into areas of concern and direction or redirection to enhance achievement of project schedules, productivity goals, budgets, and quality.
· Support development of an office/department business plan; assist with and lead proposal efforts.
· Lead the NEO substation coordination for all NEO offices and provide guidance on the following: technical development, guidance regarding project approach, internal contacts, internal consultant experts, and availability of personnel for quality reviews.
· Serve as a technical advisor, providing senior-level input and evaluation on substation engineering projects
· Recruitment of Top Talent, development and retention of staff; mentor staff for division growth; train staff through internal and external resources, guide staff on career development.
· Identify project opportunities early and facilitate go/no-go decisions in cooperation with NEO leadership and T&D practice leadership.
· Ensure corporate and T&D quality initiatives are implemented which includes coordinating with Project Managers to assign quality control reviewers.
· Recommend changes in basic structure and organization of the department to ensure the effective fulfillment of objectives assigned to it.
· Advance and develop Department tools and work flows to increase efficiency of designs, specification development, and project execution.
· Support diversity initiatives.
· Provide work assignments and review performance to ensure the efficient, cost-effective utilization of staff.
· Coordinate training needs and requirements with the Operations Manager.
· Organizing, leading and conducting the annual performance appraisal process for department staff
· May serve as project manager for key technical projects where required, and where new business is being developed.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited program. Minimum 7 years related professional experience in substation design and/or project management preferably in both Physical and P&C. Technical ability in substation engineering design is required. Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; and the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and clients. Position requires the ability to thoughtfully and positively influence, lead, and manage change. Must possess strong technical skills, strong analytical skills and a strategic perspective. Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer.