About NokiaSee More
At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
Watch our video to discover how we create meaningful interactions to drive human progress.
About Network Infrastructure
The mission of the Network Infrastructure (NI) Business Group is to be the most trusted partner for the world's most critical network infrastructure. NI will respond to the ever-increasing demand for networks with higher capacity, greater reliability, faster speeds, and lower costs.
Job Position Description:Our team is growing our Subsea Optical Hardware Integration and DWDM transmission capacity and as such is seeking a test/design engineer for subsea cable characterization, commissioning, integration, and field support. In addition, the engineer will work in our cutting edge DWDM optical transmission lab, characterizing DWDM transmission with high speed optical transponders in long-haul and metro optical networks.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Planning and execution of DWDM transmission tests and subsea cable characterization.
- Characterizing and acceptance test of subsea cables.
- Development and modeling of link engineering rules
- Analyze results and perform experimental transmission tests that drive Architecture and System Engineering decisions
- Setup and maintenance of an optical test bed
- Interface with customers and subsea equipment suppliers
- Operation and revision of test automation software (LabVIEW, HP VEE, Visual Basic, Python)
- Extensive hands-on lab work
- Documentation of test results
- Presenting and articulating results to customers and colleagues
- Occasional domestic and international travel to supplier and customer sites
Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Minimum MS in EE or Physics or equivalent work experience in optical or electrical engineering
- An understanding of the design, specification, and testing of Submarine Line Terminal Equipment (SLTE) and subsea cables is a plus.
- Experience and expertise in high speed optical transmission
- Experience in DWDM system design, architecture, and testing
- Practical experience in development and modeling of link engineering rules and optical network characteristics
- Familiarity with Nokia optical products
- Experience with optical transmission test equipment including Optical Spectrum Analyzers, Bit Error Rate test sets, optical power meters, and high-speed scopes
- Familiarity with test automation and scripting software including Python, LabVIEW, Visual Basic and HP VEE
- Familiarity with optical simulation tools
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Able to perform well and multi-task in a team environment
- Willing and eager to do hands-on lab work
- Self motivated with a flexible, positive, and creative attitude
- Careful and thorough, with meticulous attention to detail
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people's lives and help to overcome some of the world's most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or military status, or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create technology that helps the world act together.
Valid through: 7/6/2021