Job Summary: Develop, administer, and provide technical direction for a portfolio of submarine capability technical and operational assessments, counter-ASW operations research and warfare analysis, and countermeasure concept development, serving SSTP and S3P.
- Direct and execute a portfolio of analytical research, assessments, and modeling and simulation, to understand and assess technologies and operational concepts that could challenge U.S. submarine dominance, the credibility of the SSBN nuclear deterrent, or the survivability of submarines during all phases of warfare. Assess material and non-material concepts and capabilities for countering ASW at the system, platform, and force level to assure submarine survivability. (35%)
- In coordination with the S3P Operational Security Assessment (OSA) lead, lead the SSTP efforts to develop the annual SSTP Force Security assessment (30%).
- Manage the SSTP/S3P threat matrix project and all related annual assessments tasking. (10%)
- In coordination with the SSTP/S3P Force Vulnerability assessment task lead, Integrate efforts across SSTP and S3P program activity, to synthesize a more comprehensive perspective of force vulnerability and to assure consideration of individual projects' analysis and experimentation plans. (10%)
- Coordinate with the SSTP/S3P Info Fusion Lead to support a process to synchronize the complexity surrounding the coordination of red teaming:, projection of trends and interactions, and gaming of the techniques, technologies and processes for assessment of near-term, far-term, and future submarine security. (5%)
- Represent technical and programmatic activity to senior military and civilian Government officials. (5%)
- Support planning and budgeting all activities across the assessments portfolio within constraints provided by the Program Managers, SSTPS3P PgOs and SSTP/S3P Technical Directors. (5%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
: Required Qualifications: B.S. in engineering, mathematics, physics, science, operations analysis, or other relevant technical discipline. 10+ years of demonstrated relevant experience in operations analysis and 5+ years leadership executing technically challenging efforts. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must be capable of working independently and as part of a team, with the ability to initiate and foster effective working relationships with all levels of staff and sponsors. Active Secret or higher level clearance.
Desired Qualifications: M.S., PhD, Sc. D. in engineering, mathematics, physics, science, operations analysis, or other relevant technical discipline. 15+ years of demonstrated relevant experience in operations analysis and 10+ years leadership executing technically challenging efforts. Knowledge of submarine operations, submarine technology, or anti-submarine warfare. Experience with Navy programs and OPNAV policies and procedures.