The Subject Matter Specialist/Expert applies expert audit advisory experience to contribute to a team that supports USAF FIAR activities for annual independent public accounting (IPA) financial statement audit liaison; enduring audit readiness; development and implementation of corrective action plans; assessing and documenting information technology compliance; broad based communication and change management; preparing, accurately reporting, and maintaining General Equipment Valuation (GEV), Military Equipment Valuation (MEV) and Operating Material and Supplies (OM&S) in an audit ready state; and preparing the agency financial report.
- Support enduring audit readiness and internal controls by advising and assisting with implementation and compliance with FMFIA 1982, OMB Circular A-123, OMB Bulletin No 01-02, FFMIA 1996, and GAO “Green Book.”
- Assist in tracking, monitoring, and reporting of all notice of findings and recommendations (NFRs) received from the IPA, and financial management relevant findings from the GAO, DoD IG, and AFAA in accordance with FIAR Guidance and AF SOPs to ensure closure, and assist in the development, recommendation and implementation of corrective action plans (CAPs) to remediate .
- Provide audit liaison support to assist in the communications necessary to support financial statement audit, including maintenance and execution of audit infrastructure. Maintain, configure, provide administrative services, update and use the centralized audit response tools to retain audit documents to facilitate audit liaison activities for financial statement audits.
- The contractor shall assist in the preparation of the Annual Financial Report (AFR). In accordance with OMB Circular A-136.
- Four (4) year accounting degree preferred, or business management related field with Financial Statement Auditing or Audit Readiness experience.
- Eight (8) or more years Air Force military or civilian experience supporting operations in relevant domains, including but not limited to financial management, logistics, IT, or acquisition, with varied experience across the AF Squadron, Headquarters, MAJCOM or Joint levels.
- CPA, CGFM, CDFM, or CIA preferred.
- Interim Secret Clearance with the ability and intention of obtaining a Secret Clearance; may require obtaining a TS/SCI Clearance.
- Strong knowledge of accounting (GAAP or Federal GAAP) and auditing principles.
- Experience performing and leading walkthroughs.
- Experience documenting business processes, controls activities, and systems.
- Experience assessing design effectiveness and operating effectiveness on control activities.
- Familiarity with developing recommendations for remediating auditability impediments.
- Knowledge of Federal financial statements and financial reporting requirements.
- Familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley and/or OMB Circular A-123.
- Familiarity with GAO's Green Book.
- Knowledge of DoD Audit Readiness Program (FIAR).
- Knowledge of Air Force legacy financial management systems and processes; Air Force policies, systems and procedures for personnel, acquisition, inventory, property and material management; DoD and Air Force financial management policies and procedures.
Paragon is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) with offices near Scott AFB, Illinois and Vienna, Virginia, providing client-centric, enterprise governance management, cybersecurity services, and comprehensive information technology services management solutions to our clients. Our tagline is “Innovation, Value, and Excellence.”
Paragon consistently delivers value-added, client-centric, enterprise governance management, cybersecurity services, and comprehensive information technology services management solutions to our clients. Our team of dedicated professionals provide superior services and support to you while fostering a climate of trust, innovation, efficiency, and customer return on investment with integrity, commitment, and excellence in all that we do. To help us carry out this mission, our people are trained professionals who boost our customers’ knowledge and innovation using technology, teamwork, and education.
We offer a comprehensive suite of benefits, which include medical, dental, and vision plans, Flexible Spending accounts, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, matching 401k, tuition reimbursement plans, and much more.
Paragon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.