Subject Matter Expert, Systems Administration
As a Subject Matter Expert in Systems Administration your responsibilities will include:
- Develop requirements from a project's inception to its conclusion for a particular IT subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems).
- Assist other project members with analysis and evaluation and with the preparation of recommendations for system improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts in the following specialties: information systems architecture; networking; telecommunications; automation; communications protocols; risk management/electronic analysis; software; life-cycle management; software development methodologies; and modeling and simulation.
- Oversee the Active Directory operational health, ensuring TD and IC IT policies are enforced.
- Support and maintenance may include DNS, WINS, Group Policy, Exchange, patch management, etc.
- Projects may include but not to Active Directory/Exchange upgrades, rollout of enterprise services such as System Center, NetJQ Group Policy Administrator, etc.
- May at times be required to participate in the ISP Enterprise Technical group which meets monthly to discuss issues, projects, etc, which affects the ISP infrastructure.
- May have customized elevated privileges with local administrative privileges to regional center and supported tail-site member servers and workstations. Domain elevated privileges will be determined and delegated by Enterprise Domain Managers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 12 to 15 years of related experience.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
US-San Antonio-TX-SAN ANTONIO
Req #: 132634