The Subcontracts/Procurement Specialist reports to the Director of Contracts. Under minimal supervision, the Subcontracts Specialist is responsible for providing support to the organization's program and proposal staff in the preparation, monitoring and administration of Subcontracts and the proposal documentation related to Team Partners/Subcontractors. The Subcontracts Specialist will be responsible for working with the program staff to create defined and robust statements of work including use of appropriate payment schedules, ensuring the appropriate contractual, and adequate justification documentation for the Subcontracts file. The Subcontracts Specialist must ensure requests are processed in a timely manner with status updates documented to the Program staff, and as applicable within the accounting system. The Subcontracts Specialist will handle problem resolution, respond to requests for metrics and queries, and interface with program and corporate peers on Subcontracts related matters.
- Bachelor's degree and/or other federal contracts certifications, or additional commensurate experience.
- At least 7 years' experience in Procurement, specifically the Subcontracting and Services areas, preferably in the Federal Contracting area.
- Deltek CostPoint experience required.
- Requires a strong communicator with the ability to work independently and capable of making or assisting with business decisions with keen problem resolution and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, independent thinker, enthusiastic attitude towards the mission, ability to work in fast-paced environment, attention to detail, strong communicator.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word required.
- Working closely with the Program and Proposal staff to prepare, administer, and monitor Subcontracts and Sub awards.
- Responsible for conducting moderate to complex procurements for all organizational divisions and departments in accordance with Client and prime contract requirements, Federal Acquisition Regulations, Cognizant Audit Agency, and company policy requirements.
- Performs work within the organization's accounting system, including data and documentation entry and other processing functions to the system.
- Assist in the vetting process for Subcontractor/Team Partners, including Source Selection and Price Analysis.
- Analyze certain company requirements for procurement/subcontracting activities, assist with initiating Requests for Proposal, and assist in the negotiations of procurement arrangements with subcontractors that are financially and contractually favorable to the organization.
- Supporting the organization's Small Business Program in review of new partner qualification packages, sourcing, reporting.