McDermott has an immediate opening for a Subcontracts Manager with EPC experience. The Subcontracts manager is responsible for major subcontracts packages, Preparing ITB packages, preparing commercial bid analysis/recommendation for award and negotiate conformed subcontract documents.
- Manages the commercial aspects of the subcontracts from inquiry through award, execution, and closeout of the subcontracts pursuant to established procedures.
- Acts as the liaison with Legal regarding Subcontract Terms and Conditions, Project Controls regarding progress and cost forecast, Accounting regarding payment and Engineering regarding the technical content of Subcontract.
- Negotiates change orders and other commercial oriented matters through closeout.
- Prepares all Subcontract Reports in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains proper files and documentation.
- Administers Subcontracts in the Field from award to close-out.
- Supervises the daily activities of business support, technical or production staff in an assigned area
- Resolves standard and non-standard problems
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
- Typically, does not perform the work being supervised.
- May have formal supervisory responsibilities
- Has in-depth knowledge of work processes and tools within own area
- Uses operational and supervisory expertise to solve problems within own area
- Interprets customer needs and assesses requirements
- Sets day-to-day direction for employees to support business objectives
- Works within budget to meet operational objectives set by manager
- Resolves routine problems using defined processes and own experience
- Coordinates resources to meet short-term objectives
- Sets priorities for employees to meet deadlines
- Explains difficult issues and obtains agreement as needed
- Manages performance of employees through task assignments, ongoing skill assessment and coaching.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience (Subcontracts).
- Minimum of 5 years of Oil & Gas Experience with an EPC or Operator.
- Must have Excellent Communication Skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering Preferred
- Strong knowledge of subcontract policies and processes.
- Proven ability to develop, negotiate and administer complex subcontracts and related policies
- Demonstrated effectiveness in prioritizing multiple tasks, monitoring progress, and managing efforts to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with others in a multifunctional team
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.