We currently have openings for Subcontracts Managers to join our team. As a Subcontracts Manager you will be responsible for managing Enterprise Wide contracts, supplier cost negotiations, negotiating contract terms and conditions, supplier management as well as, collaboration with internal business segments and other departments. This position is responsible for managing the contract lifecycle management process and its associated files, maintaining vendor relationships, monitoring of supplier compliance against original commitments and interfacing with the business partners regarding shortfalls on performance. The successful candidates will:
- Have Expert knowledge of contracting concepts, Uniform Commercial Code, applicable public contract acquisition law and regulations, and applicable international contract law.
- Lead negotiation/execution of complex commercial contracts with global strategic and preferred suppliers to maximize benefits across Harris and its affiliates.
- Manage and execute high dollar, complex negotiations, SOW and contract labor requirements.
- Evaluate bids and make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
- Manage reporting and business correspondence to effectively present information and respond to questions and/or issues from suppliers and management.
- Structure contractual terms to reflect company business strategy.
- Accomplish departmental and corporate objectives by promoting sound business principles, applying leadership in planning, identifying, understanding and mitigating commercial risks while ensuring effective business execution.
- Utilize and support the Harris Contract Lifecycle Management system.
- Develop an understanding of various Software licensing models/agreements and communicate with internal customers to ensure compliance and support of licensing audits.
- Accelerate “time to value” on contract negotiations (using Harris agreements) and improve cycle time for finalization and communications of stalwart negotiated agreements.
- Improve distribution, communication and understanding of Enterprise Wide global contracts to all Harris divisions and the retention of negotiated contracts.
- Improve/Maintain Days payable through favorable contract/PO terms & obtain cash rebates with new and existing suppliers.
- Support/lead growth and innovation initiatives, and build Harris Business Excellence through continuous process improvement and execution of best practice strategies.
- Proactively identify cost savings opportunities and work to pursue those savings.
- Resolve discrepancies through interface with business partners and suppliers. Take corrective action when required.
- Interact as a leader internally, and externally as a consultant to customers.
- Bachelor’s degree with a Minimum of 12 or more years of related Supply Chain experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Leadership and management experience is preferred.
- Experience in negotiating, drafting and administering complex commercial contracts.
- Experience using written and oral communication to effectively collaborate in a team environment.
- Experience presentating to all levels of the organization.
- Experience utilizing quantitative and analytical skills within facilitation and planning.
Req ID: CHQ20180706-25131