Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.Job Details:
Job Summary: The Subcontracts Manager will manage a team of Subcontracts professionals and manage multiple subcontracts and related change orders to ensure compliance with prime contract, applicable laws, regulations and terms. Tasks include coordinating and submitting proposals, leading subcontract negotiations and subcontract formation and administration. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafts, negotiates and administers subcontracts including amendments and addendums to ensure maximum benefit to the company. Subcontract types include DBOM, service agreements, hardware and software installation and maintenance agreements, supplier, consultant and contract labor, marketing and banking agreements, etc.
- Duties include: conducts competitive source selections, prepares solicitations and proposals; evaluation, negotiation, subcontract formation, administration and closeout, all in accordance with appropriate Company, Operations department and legal approvals.
- Monitors all subcontractor performance and progress to ensure compliance with all subcontract terms including schedule and delivery, scope of work, cost, legal, regulatory, contractual and company requirements. Resolves issues regarding performance, claims and changes and recommends termination when appropriate.
- Keeps the Program Manager and cognizant functional managers informed of scope growth and other issues that may impact the program or the prime contract.
- Works with Purchasing to issue/amend Purchase Agreements when required.
- Negotiates Non-Disclosure Agreements, Memoranda of Understanding and similar Agreements in support of subcontracts for execution in accordance with Company policies/approvals.
- Acts as primary point of contact for liaison with the subcontractors and for all subcontract correspondence.
- Performs audits/reviews of subcontracts and manages subcontract payment administration activities.
- Ensures conformity to Contracts Dept. policies and procedures.
- Remains current on legal/regulatory updates affecting contracts and agreements.
- Develops subcontract mitigation plans for key subcontracts to ensure program continuity.
- Manages and mentors junior members of the Subcontracts team
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree, or equivalent, in a business or related discipline, plus a minimum of eight years of progressive experience in commercial, federal and local government contracts/subcontracts. Experience and knowledge of all types of contracts ranging in size from $200k to over $30M. Thorough knowledge of prime/subcontract formation and administration activities and proven ability to negotiate terms, conditions and price effectively. Must possess strong written and oral communication skills and work well with others. Must be able to manage multiple subcontracts, prioritize assignments and meet deadlines with minimal supervision or administrative support, and work extended hours, as required. Microsoft Office skills are imperative. Experience in and knowledge of municipal, local government and the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) are helpful. Experience in public transit a plus. Some travel required.