BAE Systems, one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, is seeking a Subcontracts Administrator II for our GOCO (government owned contractor operated) facility in Kingsport, TN.
The Subcontracts Administrator II will primarily support chemical manufacturing and industrial construction related programs at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant, starting at the proposal preparation phase all the way through contract closeout. This is a fast-paced position at a growing site and we are looking for someone to hit the ground running.
I. BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Solicits and evaluates proposals, negotiates and prepares complex subcontracts, monitors subcontractor performance and documents subcontract file in accordance with established Procurement Policies and Procedures. The majority of subcontracts will be for industrial construction.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Identifies potential sources for required materials or services, and develops and issues Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
2. Receives, reviews, and negotiates, subcontractor proposals. Manages the sources selection process by leading the proposal evaluation team in fact finding, technical evaluations, and cost/price analysis. Negotiates subcontract terms and conditions including estimated cost/price, delivery, quality and performance requirements.
3. Develops and negotiates required special terms, conducts independent cost/price analysis as needed. Documents the entire negotiation process.
4. Develops the subcontract document; reviews it for compliance with Government, Corporate and Company requirements; and obtains management approval prior to issuance to the subcontractor.
5. Supports the subcontract administration team from award through completion to ensure compliance with all terms and conditions, including price, schedule and quality. Coordinates and participates in subcontractor surveys and program reviews. Reviews and monitors payments, commitments and funding status. Negotiates subcontract changes and responds to all formal subcontract inquiries and issues. Provides subcontract status as required.
6. Develops, negotiates, and issues teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and memorandum of understanding.
7. Provides subcontract advice and counsel to program managers, engineering personnel and other related functions such as finance, quality and contract administration.
8. Enters administrative and financial data on subcontracts into various subcontract databases.
9. Performs subcontract close-out.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
11. Serves as subject matter expert for sub contractual matters under the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
A. Responsibilities for Work of Others
May be required to coach and/or train more junior Subcontracts Administrators
B. Supervision Received
Receives general supervision. Work is checked for results achieved.
BAE Systems helps protect those who protect us. At our R&D and manufacturing facilities in Kingsport, TN and Radford, VA, we do this by developing safer explosives and propellants for our government and commercial customers. Holston and Radford AAPs have provided high quality explosives and propellants for our soldiers since WWII and will continue to push the frontier of energetic material synthesis and manufacturing with your help.
Required Skills and Education:
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Working knowledge of FAR and DFARS
Experience supporting major subcontracts efforts
Experience working in a Department of Defense (DOD) contracting environment
MS Office Suite skills including Excel
Able to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities
Excellent written communications skills
Preferred Skills and Education:
Industrial construction experience
Working knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) and EAR (Export Administration Regulation)
Experience with GOCO site
Experience with Department Of Defense modernization contracts