A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution - from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services. Subcontract Specialist II
To provide purchase order or subcontract oversight functions in accordance with company policies and procedures, legal requirements, government regulations, and customer contract requirements. What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Prepare and maintain required purchase order or subcontract documentation in accordance with company procedures and government regulations. Develop RFQ/RFP/Bid packages, evaluate supplier quotes or subcontract proposals.
- Award and manage purchase order or subcontracts, ensuring that program or indirect purchase orders or subcontract activities adhere to Ball Supply Chain Management processes, certified procurement system, small business program, and approved property system.
- Review and interpret purchase orders, subcontracts, modifications and change orders; prepare purchase order or subcontract file documents and obtain necessary management and compliance reviews/approvals.
- Facilitate communication between Ball and the supply base for specific procurement or subcontract actions.
- Ensure supplier or subcontractor performance to Ball requirements.
- Responsible for management/oversight/administration of one or more individual program or indirect subcontracts, reporting of individual subcontract status/issues to either a program or indirect management.
- Ensure all contractual direction between Ball and the subcontractor is consistent with top-level program requirements, be cognizant of the prime contract in detail as it relates to the Subcontract requirements and applicable documents, including, but not limited to statements of work, specifications, interface control documents, and mission assurance requirements.
- Manage and direct subcontract negotiations; recommend and implement negotiation strategies and techniques.
- Lead development and oversight of individual program subcontract risk assessment and mitigation plan(s) - (per WI 61.033). Ensure compliance with this plan throughout the life of the subcontract.
- May be assigned as lead on a program or center of excellence, responsible for coordination, oversight, tracking of all procurement activity (subcontracts, critical procurements, commodity procurements) for the program or center.
- May lead cross-functional individual subcontract management team(s) or indirect requirements team(s).
- POC between individual subcontract management team, program, and individual subcontract supplier communication activity.
- May lead or drive subcontract(s) supplier assessments.
- May coordinate the work of and assist in the training of commodity specialists, or subcontract leads.
- Ensure that all subcontract-related business within purview is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations, as well as company policies and directives.
- May require the ability to obtain a variety of DoD/Special Access clearances.
- Provide a high level of independent work to manage and oversee all aspects of large, complex or critical subcontract(s).
- Manage day to day subcontract programmatic activities.
- Conceive and develop solutions to subcontract management problems through the application of Supply Chain Management subcontract management and administration techniques, practices, and procedures.
- May participate on Program Management Team for the following:
- Responsible for SCM coordination with Program Management and IPT Leads, communication of schedule/status to PM/program and coordinates program needs with central SCM organization, as required.
- Provide required information to SCM and Program Management organizations.
- May lead development of Program Subcontract Management Plan (PSMP).
- Lead cross-functional or program level Subcontract Management Team(s).
- Drive Program subcontracting strategies.
- Oversight of program level risk assessment and coordination of individual program subcontract risk assessments (completed by various Subcontract Leads)
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- BS/BA in a related field plus 6 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Knowledgeable of various types of subcontracts.
- Proficiency in oversight and management of cost type subcontracts, various fee structures, and supplier cost reporting requirements.
- Proficiency in Federal Acquisition methods for total acquisition life cycle.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.Compensation & Benefits:
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $78,500 - $106,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.Nearest Major Market: