Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
What You’ll Do:
- Negotiate and manage a variety of cost plus and fixed price subcontracts.
- Lead cross-functional individual subcontract management teams.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 6 or more years related experience is required.
- Applicants selected may be subject to a Government Security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Ability to prepare Request for Proposals, lead program level subcontract management team(s) and cross-functional subcontract management activities, including working withtechnical personnel in developing sound subcontract requirement documentation (Specs/SOW, etc.).
- Ability to conduct subcontract negotiations, analyze and evaluate supplier proposals, leadsourcing assessment/evaluations and lead all aspects of subcontract administration, oversight and management to ensure cost/technical/schedule performance.
- Ability to work in an environment that is fast at times and slow at other times.
- A thorough knowledge of FAR/DFAR and other government acquisition regulations including Export/Import and ITAR regulations is desired.
- Experience in administering all contract types: CPFF/AF/IF, FFP/IF and FPLOE.
- Ability to work independently and meet hard deadlines, demonstrate effective teamwork skills, and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Experience with DOD, DOE, space and defense industry is preferred.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department ofEducation.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required