REPORTS TO: VP, Digital & E-Commerce Creative
OVERVIEW: This individual will lead the styling and accessorizing for New York & Company photo shoots and additional ad hoc projects and presentations.
- Interpret trends appropriately for the NY&C brand; styling techniques represent current fashion trends.
- Work closely with the cross functional teams to ensure the creative vision of each collection and floorset is clearly communicated visually.
- Research and present industry trends and innovation as well as report on aspirational trends through concept boards.
- Build relationships with internal clients such as Merchants, Designers, and CEO, as well as relationships with vendors and outside agents such as models and photographers.
- Ability to speak to process and work progress to senior leadership during presentations and photo shoots.
- Extensive sample and calendar management to ensure departmental organization to meet all project and business deadlines.
- Flexibility to work as needed on photo shoots: dress models, merchandise racks, accessories outfits, ensure all key items are styled appropriately, and execute set up and breakdown of photo shoots.
- Dress 1-2 models at a time during shoots to NY&C style standards.
- Able to manage multiple opinions, make in the moment changes, and make compromises among many opinions.
- Act as a team player sharing responsibility for achievement of goals and objectives.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and applies best practices to existing problems.
- Study and identify with the NY&C brand and customer. Spends time in NY&C stores to understand the customer and how to reach her.
- 7 years of styling or fashion experience within a corporate and field environment.
- Great fashion sense with the continuous attention to trends, emerging brands, and apparel market.
- Rigorous knowledge of apparel on-body, styling techniques, across the industry, in various fashion categories, with particular attention to tailoring and fit.
- Strong understanding of digitalphotography, production studio pace and efficiency.
- Proven experience with on-set/ in-studio standards, traditions and demands.
- Accepts accountability for individual and team’s performance and productivity.
- Generates innovative solutions to new and existing problems.
- Is flexible in responding to organizational changes and business priorities.
- Works effectively under deadline pressure or in unusual or new work situations.
- Strong time management skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Visual Merchandising or related field.