Maslow Media is in search of a Studio General Manager for a film production studio in Scottsdale, AZ location.
The General Manager is responsible for ensuring the studio is running smoothly in every aspect, including; providing industry-best customer service, defining, examining and modifying processes, implementing and leading a successful business development arm, recruiting additional teammates as needed and leading by example a positive team environment. The General Manager must have a strong technical understanding of how a studio operates from top-to-bottom.
- Research organizations and individuals to identify new customer leads and potential new customer markets
- Plan and oversee new marketing initiatives to coincide with new markets as needed or in general
- Attend conferences, trade shows, meetings and industry events
- Plan and conduct Open Houses to promote film in Arizona
- Become active in local industry-related organizations
- Prepare and present client presentations
- Contact clients to inform them about new technology and services
- Assist in managing sales pricing sheets
- Assist in developing quotes and proposals and manage quote to the end
- Develop sales goals for the team and ensure they are met
- Oversee the acquisition, implementation, maintenance and replacement of technology infrastructure; researches, evaluates and recommends new technologies
- Manage operations for Studio including but not limited to budgeting, physical and financial assets management and resources planning
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for staffing, employee relations, supervision, training, and developing staff
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor?s degree in broadcast journalism, communication, business administration or related field
- 15+ years of experience in progressively responsible television or film management positions preferably in a variety of market sizes
- Business development and sales experience in TV and/or film industry with strong ties and relationships with Advertising Agencies, Agency Creatives, Agency Producers and Directors
- Strong financial controls and reporting experience
- In-depth knowledge of the film and production industry and current events
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, with overnight trips likely
- Strong business, technical and creative acumen to direct and mentor staff; High aptitude of coaching for performance and leading by example