We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Purpose of the position
The Student Information System/LMS Administrator for District Partnerships will work with student, parent, and customer data in Pearson Connexus' learning management system, supporting the configuration needs of the business, iterative system enhancements, and routine operational platform administration. This individual will be responsible for creation of blueprint XML documents, which will define the data elements and validation rules to be applied. The blueprints should also define the data available in API endpoints. The SIS Administrator will then develop software to interact with partner API endpoints and will test those interactions.
The SIS Administrator for District Partnerships will also be responsible for setting up new accounts, connect customer data sources, review messages, and troubleshoot interoperability problems.
Core tasks and responsibilities
This individual will be responsible for the successful completion of the following assignments and tasks:
- Work primarily with internal customers as an informed platform administrator and subject matter expert to develop plans and processes that serve the needs of the customer and company
- Creation of blueprint XML documents,
- Set up new accounts, connect customer data sources, review messages, and troubleshoot interoperability problems
- Consult with business owners to determine configuration needs and be an informed participant in new feature requests and platform enhancements
- Configure and administer integration requests to support customer student information system (SIS) data integration needs
- Monitor data security and follow access and security protocols
- Monitor, track and audit data for inconsistencies and errors and develop processes to identify and remedy data inaccuracies and/or missing information
- Identify and develop processes and system changes to increase efficient use of the system to save resources
- Act as a resource and mentor for new employees and peers
- Other duties as assigned
- Negotiates internally at senior levels regarding important issues within their own area
- Begins to develop relationships with senior leaders across the organization, customers and suppliers
- SIS/LMS Skill Subject Knowledge-required experience (Must Have)
- Education Industry Experience-required experience
- Class and School organization-required experience
- BTS setup process-required experience
- Rostering-required experience
- required experience
Experience with data transfer and transformation gateways using
Publish/Subscribe event driven Actor based models of integration.
- Prior Kimono Integration development a big plus.
- 1-3 years of XML and/or JSON Experience in a database context.
- JEXL Scripting language experience.
- Experience with Agilix/Buzz LMS a plus.
- LMS SSO SAML setup support a plus.
- Other Integrative SIS middleware solutions such as Clever a plus.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 4 years of experience working with an education management system
- Background in Information Systems, Math, Statistics, Education, or related field
- Proficiency with XML and JSON
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, with an emphasis on data transformation
- Proven ability to accurately process and manipulate data across multiple systems
- Knowledge of SQL and/or computer programming languages
- Comfortable with technology and experience learning new technologies
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Thorough understanding of information architecture principles and practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Google business applications preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS), Educational Management Systems, or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is preferred.
- Familiarity with SAFe Agile principles