Due to continued success and growth in our Water Division, we are currently seeking expressions of interest from Structures Superintendents who have a background in treatment facility projects. This role will be based at our Georgetown WWTP Project.
- Promote and enforce craft and subcontractors compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented
- Mentor and coach superintendents as it relates to company policies and procedures and work requirements
- Conduct and/or direct project safety meetings
- Supervise foremen assigned to area of responsibility and provide liaison between field engineering, estimating, and crafts to ensure compliance of construction with drawings and specifications
- Plan, direct and supervise crews and subcontractors on a daily basis. Activities include planning, organizing, directing and controlling methods of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, work schedule and reviewing documentations
- Inspect work areas to determine type of work required and materials and equipment to be used. May coordinate with equipment superintendent to insure constant flow of materials
- Ensure that workers are supplied with tools, materials and equipment for completion of project.
- Assist in jobsite setup
- Resolve construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) ensuring project runs on schedule
- Maintain liaison with other departments (i.e., Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, Engineering) and directly report to Project Manager to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of local union or prevailing wage rules
- Ensure workers for each task are fully qualified to perform assigned duties
- The successful candidate will have experience at a superintendent level, being responsible for Civil and Structural scopes.
- 10 + years of multidisciplinary constructionsupervisionexperience and/or training
- Previous treatment facility construction project experience will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience supervising and leading Civil/Structural crews
- Demonstrable experience in interfacing with multi discipline crews and subcontractors on complex projects is required
- Expert knowledge of tool & equipment safety