Structures / Light Structures Engineer
• This position is for an experienced design engineer for the Light Structures (LaS) team of the Machine Design Center (MDC).
• This person will be responsible for problem solving, correcting shop issues, basic analysis ( hand calculation & Creo ), design, coordinating detailing, and implementing their design solutions into a production environment.
• To complete this will require a high level of collaboration with our process partners and suppliers to ensure that the functional requirements, quality, and manufacturability targets are met and that each design is cost affective.
• The type of component designs in scope includes Light fabricated steel structures, castings, forgings.
• The applicable engineering disciplines include machine design, strength of materials, structural fatigue, noise/vibration/harshness (NVH), pin joints, and bolted joint design.
• Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering or Materials Science
• Five years Pro/E or Creo experiencerequired.
• Five years of experience in structural design required.
• Mechanical or Civil Bachelors Engineeringdegreepreferred.
• Hands-on experience with machinery and/or engines preferred.
• Fabrication experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Written/verbal communication.
• Ability to multitask.
• Ability to act with a sense of urgency
• Demonstrated ability to work well in collaborative environment and to communicate effectively in cross-functional teams
• Excellent analytical skills
• Self directed/motivated
Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science curriculum