Structures / Light Structures Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Job Title: ?Structures/Light Structures Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Tucson, AZ
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- min 4-5 year of exp.
- This position is for an experienced design engineer for the Light Structures (LaS) team of the Machine Design Center (MDC).
- This person will be responsible for problem solving, correcting shop issues, basic analysis ( hand calculation & Creo ), design, coordinating detailing, and implementing their design solutions into a production environment.
- To complete this will require a high level of collaboration with our process partners and suppliers to ensure that the functional requirements, quality, and manufacturability targets are met and that each design is cost affective.
- The type of component designs in scope includes Light fabricated steel structures, castings, forgings.
- The applicable engineering disciplines include machine design, strength of materials, structural fatigue, noise/vibration/harshness (NVH), pin joints, and bolted joint design.
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering or Materials Science
- Five years Pro/E or Creo experiencerequired.
- Five years of experience in structural design required.
- Mechanical or Civil Bachelors Engineeringdegreepreferred.
- Hands-on experience with machinery and/or engines preferred.
- Fabrication experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Soft Skills
- Written/verbal communication.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to work well in collaborative environment and to communicate effectively in cross-functional teams
- Excellent analytical skills
- Self directed/motivated
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science curriculum