Supports the analysis and management of RGA’s MBS, ABS, and CMBS portfolios by conducting analysis of the aggregate portfolio of these classes for cash flows, interest rate risk positioning, credit risk positioning, etc, as well as assisting in all security analysis work to support buy and sell decisions for the securities in these asset classes.
- Monitor markets: continuously communicate with sales and trading staff at Wall Street firms, read Bloomberg’s, as well as selective research and other emails from Wall Street brokers and analysts; plus perform relative value analysis on structured securities and continuously communicate with our own in house traders and portfolio managers to achieve an overall knowledge that will dictate the appropriate trades to make, and to trade RMBS as well as other structured product sectors.
- Provide credit and relative value analysis of potential portfolio purchases; and provide ongoing monitoring of credit trends for existing portfolio holdings of non-government guaranteed structured securities.
- Analyze the portfolios against a benchmark and make recommendations to achieve as high as possible investment income while managing risk and attaining a measure of total return.
- Initiate bottom up credit and relative value opinions of structured securities and integrate into a top down view of our Structured Product Bond portfolio, taking into account the relevant risk factors with the various market subsectors.
- Track weekly spreads of all sectors and sub-sectors of the structured products market including RMBS, CMBS, ABS and CDOs/CLOs.
- Support the Head trader in reviewing and challenging prices of securities in the different portfolios documenting the reasons for challenges according to accounting standards.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Wall Street dealers, analysts, and strategists.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance or related field or equivalent related work experience
• CFA or progress toward CFA, or 10 or more years related experience
• 5+ years investment-related experience with an understanding of fixed income trading
• Experience with Bloomberg analytics
• Master’s Degree, MBA, ASA or FSA; or, or equivalent experience within the industry
• Experience with Blackrock Solutions, TREPP analytics, Intex
• 6+ years experience within insurance/reinsurance industry