As a Superintendent you will play a significant part in the success of the Northwest District and set the highest expectations among your crew for safety, quality, schedule, cost performance and team development. Every day you will bring your hands-on attitude to work and not just build iconic infrastructure projects but also develop future builders that will continue to shape America's infrastructure for generations to come. In this position you will be the region’s subject matter expert in all things structural such as walls, box culverts, bridges, CIP vaults etc.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit’s Northwest District is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, transportation, roadways, water resources, and underground utilities. We are looking for hard working individuals with a passion for construction who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty! Our current opportunities are spread across the entire west coast including Alaska and Hawaii.
We have projects across the west coast including Alaska and Hawaii, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and relocate as business requires.
• Form and lead an effective discipline team, delegating responsibilities and setting goals
• Assist in the hiring, training and development of craft personnel (laborers, craft workers, foreman etc.)
• Develop and maintain open communications with crews, Field Engineers/Coordinators, Safety, Quality and clients
• Assist in preparing work plans and scheduling in determining manpower levels, material quantities, and equipment requirements
• Examine/inspect field conditions and troubleshoot problems, correct inaccuracies, and implement cost saving measures
• Monitor and adhere to established budgetary guidelines for job, and ensure that cost control measures are being followed
• Monitor job safety, and provide job safety training and awareness for all personnel
• Monitor quality standards of all jobs, and ensure that all quality assurance and company standards are being met
• Develop entire job schedules, 90 day schedules, and three week schedules, man loading. Monitor job schedule and coordinate work with contractors and deliveries with suppliers and ensure inspections are scheduled appropriately
• Advise senior level superintendents and/or project management of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc. Assist in resolving such problems as required
• Perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor
• 7+ years of experience in the heavy civil construction (ideally specializing in structural concrete work i.e. walls, box culverts, bridges, CIP vaults etc.)
• Must have at least 5 years’ experience of supervisory experience as a Superintendent
• Understanding of cost management processes, planning and scheduling
• Working knowledge of computers and experience using Microsoft Office Suite
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment and move up objects up to 30 pounds
• Ability to travel and relocate as business requires
• Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future