Apply project management andstructural engineering skills to a variety of diverse and challenging projectsthroughout Alaska in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan,administer and design small and medium size engineering projects for industrialclients
- Servesas a key client contact by attending meetings, teleconferences, and projectinspections which could include travel to industrial settings, rural Alaskawith weather conditions consistent with the Arctic
- Responsiblefor overall project administration, including estimating, scoping, managingproject budgets, project reporting, and invoicing (project & sub-contract)
- Prepares,reviews, and approves reports, specifications and plans for project
- Directsand supervises other engineer and technical staff's activities on projects theymanage
- Workon a variety of structural engineering projects
- Applystandard engineering techniques, standards and criteria
- Useengineering judgment and make adaptations as required for task completion
- Proactivecommunicator and able to effectively communicate with clients, project staff,consultants, and other project stakeholders
- Demonstratedability to work successfully in a fast-track, team environment
- Meetchallenges in a stressful, dead-line oriented environment
- Abilityto prepare letters, reports, specifications, business correspondence, andprocedure manuals using word processing software such as Microsoft Word
- Abilityto apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions topractical situations.
- Abilityto apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and financialfunctions
- Abilityto define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Abilityto interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical ordiagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Abilityto read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professionaljournals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Abilityto effectively present information and respond to questions from groups ofmanagers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Thisjob has supervisory responsibilities.
- Otherduties that are pertinent to the department or unit's success also may beassigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- AlaskaProfessional Engineer / Licensed Structural Engineer certification preferred
- Structural P4 (P4): BSCE, AK PE and 5years of' experience required
- Structural P5 (P5): BSCE, AK PE, SE, and10 years of experience required
- Project Manager (X1): BSCE, AK PE, SE,and 10 years of experience required
- Must have project management experiencewith responsibility for managing budgets.
- Must have project coordinationexperience working on a multi-disciplined engineering team
- Must be proficient with MS Officesoftware (including MS Word and Excel) and computer assisted drafting (CAD)software
- Experience in mining, oil and gas orindustrial facility design desirable
- Experience preparing drawings ofstructural designs required
- Experience performing designcalculations and material specifications desirable
- Working knowledge of applicablestructural design codes and arctic design desirable
- Experience with Building InformationManagement (BIM) Revit software desirable
- Excellent written and verbalcommunication skills to peers, managers, and clients
- A valid Driver's License and anacceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible underNMS' vehicle insurance policy
- Must be able to travel to remotelocations in arctic environment as needed
Working Conditions and PhysicalRequirements
Weather: Indoors -environmentally controlled; requires most or all work to be done inside.
Noise level: The noise levelin the work environment is usually that of a standard office atmosphere.
Description of environment:Office building with standard office environment.
Physical requirements: Employee is required to occasionally liftand/or move up to 25 lbs. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, usehands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl,talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
Travel: Employee may travel upto 50% of the time to various locations within the U.S. and/or remote locationsand may be required to use alternative modes of transportation, including butnot limited to snow machines, boats, small airplanes and ATVs.
EqualOpportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference