We have a need for a Structural Engineer and Project Manager to work on a variety of projects throughout the Ontario region and beyond. Work will pertain to the project management and design of bridges, support-of-excavation (SOE) structural design, temporary structures for contractors, dams, levees, tunnels, buildings and building foundations, and more. This is an outstanding opportunity to work in a growing and dynamic office on high-profile projects.
The desired structural and project management skills include:
- Candidates will act as project manager and structural design engineer, responsible for developing plans, sections, details, and calculations.
- Perform and review complex calculations in compliance with applicable building codes and standards, and specifications on a variety of projects, including excavation support design, specialty foundation design, and traditional structural and geo-structural engineering. Structural design and reviews include structural steel, reinforced concrete, dams, excavation support systems, foundations, and other above and below grade structures.
- Use structural and geotechnical software to perform various analyses ranging from limit-state-equilibrium analyses to two- and three-dimensional finite element analyses
- Compile, write and prepare engineering technical reports that summarize data in a technically sound, clear and concise manner.
- Field observations and reporting as necessary to support clients and our contractor support practice
- Coordinate project submittals, facilitate regulatory agency approvals.
- Manage and mentor junior and mid-level staff.
- Perform project related administrative tasks, including documentation of project activities, office administration, expense reports, purchase orders, invoicing support, etc.
- Assist in business development, specifically with regard to growing the contractor support practice.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- B.Sc/B, Eng. in civil/structural engineering required
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) registered in Ontario mandatory
- 8+ years of experience in structural design of structural steel, reinforced concrete, dams, excavation support systems, foundations, and other above and below grade structures, of which a minimum 3 years of Ontario experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer knowledge including Civil 3D, AutoCAD, MathCAD, etc.
- A strong proficiency in the development and use of advanced FEA methods and software for the analysis of various types of structures subjected to extreme loads is preferred
- Willingness to travel and perform field work as required.