WESTON is seeking a Structural Engineer to provide support on nationwide projects by performing technical report writing; analyzing existing infrastructures to include development of Preliminary Engineering Reports (PERs); field investigations/site reconnaissance; data collection; utility coordination; erosion/sedimentation control; engineering cost estimating and analysis; engineering design calculations; engineering specification review and preparation of contract documents for construction; bid and award services; and construction phase engineering services.
Locations: West Chester, PA; Albuquerque, NM; Austin, TX; Houston, TX; San Antonio, TX; Atlanta, GA
Knowledge/Skills & Abilities:
- BS. or M.S. degree in Engineering
- P.E. certification is required in at least one state, and must be able to obtain in additional jurisdictions as needed to support work.
- A minimum of six (6) years of structural engineering work experience
- Ability to travel 10% to 20% for field work, site inspections, meeting with client site representative or construction contractors.
- Excellent writing/verbal communication skills for interaction with multi-disciplinary staff, clients and government agencies across U.S.
- Excellent organization and operations planning skills.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, and able to produce top quality deliverables and support project development programs with existing and targeted clients.
- Proficient using typical business software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Projects, Adobe, etc.).
- AutoCAD/GIS experience is desired and preferred
- Prepare project scopes of work and budget estimates
- Coordinate with team members including surveying, geotechnical, mechanical and electrical engineering
- Coordinate with internal QA/QC reviewers, sub-consultants and subcontractors, financial analysts, and administrative assistants across our national organization.
- Travel to work for site inspections and meetings with client site representative and construction contractors.