Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering and professional services firm. Roads, bridges, schools, parks, and airports are just a few examples of where you can find our work. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you’ll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share. Opportunity abounds here for those that seek it.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today. You’ll like it here. It’s a great place to work.
Railroad Structural Project Engineer – Chicago, IL; Naperville, IL; Omaha, NE
The Impact You Will Have:
- Peer reviewing designs and developing comments
- Performing structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience
- Developing and/or reviewing construction sequences
- Collecting and integrating cost data for use in preparing cost estimates
- Fieldwork such as bridge inspections and construction observation
What You Will Need:
- MS in structural engineering and/or railroad engineering
- PE and/or SE License required
- Minimum of 5 years of structural engineering experience in design, rating, or inspection of railroad bridges preferred
- Progressive experience with structural design software, MicroStation or similar programs are a plus
- Demonstrate competent use of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of AREMA guidelines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of structural behavior
- Ability to independently perform complex analysis and design
- Ability to develop task deliverables in a complete and reviewable manner
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Willingness to travel to project/work sites as necessary
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license