LPA is seeking a passionate Structural Project Engineer to join our integrated team of architects, engineers, interior designers, landscape architects and master planners. As a participant in our uniquely collaborative design process, you will work hand in hand with colleagues across disciplines on a wide variety of innovative, sustainable projects. Our award-winning projects aim to have a positive and enduring environmental, economic and social impact.
Structural Project Engineer Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering required, Master's Degree encouraged
- 5-12 years of experience in all phases of building design
- Professional Engineer (PE) license required, Structural Engineering (SE) license encouraged
Structural Project Engineer Requirements:
- Proficiency in RAM, RISA and ETABs required. Good knowledge of Revit encouraged
- Strong technical, code and detailing skills for quality documentation
- Enthusiastic commitment to the multidisciplinary design process and team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an enthusiasm for using those skills on projects
- Ability to lead structural design projects with mentorship from Project Managers along with the ability to guide and mentor less-experienced team members
Structural Project Engineer Responsibilities:
- The Project Engineer will work in unison with Project Architects, Project Designers and Project Managers to lead the project design process
- Prepare documentation for schematic design, design development and construction documents
- Quality control research for product and construction methods related to projects
- Lead the construction administration process
- Mentorship from Managing Directors and Design Directors
LPA is an integrated design firm with offices in California and Texas. We specialize in creating innovative, sustainable environments that work better, do more with less and improve people's lives. We provide a vibrant and rewarding work environment—one that values and fosters creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, community engagement and ongoing career development and growth. LPA is also committed to diversity, wellness and work-life balance. LPA offers competitive salaries and generous benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement and financial, wellness and other work/life plans.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES AND RECRUITERS:
Please note that LPA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed contract, LPA will not agree to pay any recruiter fee. In the situation an agency or recruiter submits a candidate or resume without a previously signed agreement and/or without LPA's request, LPA explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of LPA.