The Centre Block of Parliament in Ottawa is a multi-year program of restoration, renewal and expansion. It is the largest, most complex and iconic heritage rehabilitation project in Canadian history and is the largest building design commission for WSP globally. WSP is looking for Senior Structural Project Managers with proven experience in managing challenging structural design projects of a significant scale and complexity. We have assembled a world-class team to work in a collaborative, integrated design delivery framework. Working alongside experts from around the world, the Centre Block team will operate out of a brand new project office co-located with client groups, lean facilitators, and the general contractor. The Government of Canada is committed to this project delivery model and the entire team has already realized significant synergies during the first nine months of mobilization.
- Ensure that the structural team is adequately staffed with sufficient depth to deliver a complex multiyear structural project;
- Provide overall leadership and management of a large structural design team responsible for the structural design of some of Canada’s most complex structural engineering project;
- Ensure that the structural team delivers products and work carried out in accordance with contract documents, established conditions, plans, specifications and standards; Supervise and lead assigned personnel and advise personnel regarding methods and instructions;Take initiative in adapting and applying methods, as needed, to resolve non-standard problems and most conflicts;
- Provides direction and leadership through planning, budgeting, directing, coordinating and ensuring the timely completion of designated projects and activities;
- Evaluates and recommends appropriate assessment techniques, repair strategies, specifications and designs;
- Sets specific assignments for direct reports that are in line with project goals.
- Other duties as required/assigned.
- BSc. structural engineering plus an M. Eng. / M.A.Sc. degree in structural engineering ;
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.);
- 20 years’ experience or more in the industry with a proven history of working on complex, multi-year projects with a structural construction value of $500M and above;
- Proven long term history on the same project or client with 10 years’ experience in a similar role, working on one or more project(s) where each project is in one location;
- Proven history of leadership in structural design on larger infrastructure projects;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.#LI-LP1
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).