We’re looking for a Structural Forensic Engineer to join our client’s team of professionals that work in the water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation markets.
- Conduct investigations to determine the cause and origin of structural collapses, failures, damages, and defects for residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial structures due to a wide range of perils.
- Prepare scopes for remediation and/or design documents for repair and/or strengthening of existing structures.
- Prepare clear, concise, cohesive, accurate, and defensible reports.
- Communicate regularly and directly with a variety of clients.
- Manage concurrent projects with varying sizes, scopes, client types, and durations.
- Exposure or experienced with deposition, mediation, arbitration and/or trial testimony a plus.
- Strong structural engineering principles.
- Strong analytical skills and the desire and ability to tackle complex problems.
- Working knowledge of building codes and ability to conduct independent research of codes, standards, and other technical references.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Prompt responsiveness to inquiries from peers and clients.
- Flexibility with respect to work schedule and travel. Travel to project sites is required.
- Desire to continually develop and refine technical knowledge through targeted continuing education.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineeringrequired; Master's degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience as an accomplished structural/civil engineer with a forensics background.
- KY PE
- Registered with NCEES desired