The right team is more than an advantage, it’s a game changer! Come work with a team of professionals dedicated to excellence at Coffman Engineers’ Honolulu office.
We are looking for a Structural Engineering Department Manager with at least 15 years of experience, who has the ability to lead and grow a team of structural engineers. The successful individual will be a licensed structural engineer with at least 15 years of experience in the design of steel, concrete, wood and masonry commercial/institutional buildings.
In This Role You Will:
- Lead and develop the Honolulu structural team and manage all aspects of the department while working closely with the General Manager and other department managers to develop and achieve office goals.
- Develop proposals, RFP responses and support other marketing activities.
- Conduct business development activities and foster long term client relationships and create new ones.
- Prepare structural analysis, design, and detailing on a variety of commercial, military & industrial projects.
- Collaborate with our AEC partners to provide a well-coordinated and high-quality set of structural drawings.
- Work closely with and lead designers, drafters, modelers, and other in-house engineers to execute structural designs.
- Communicate with the project team to ensure effective communication flow during design.
- Manage projects profitably and maintain a working relationship with clients.
- B.S. degree in civil engineering
- M.S. degree in structural engineering (preferred)
- Licensed as a Structural Engineer (S.E.)
- 15 or more years of experience
- Strong, effective leadership skills; team building expertise; and management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and time management skills