As a Structural Engineer you will be responsible for the structural aspects of highway and/or railroad bridge engineering projects. This position will be responsible for leading a bridge engineering group and for mentoring the team on overall project delivery. You will develop and build upon working relationships with clients and other engineering consultants while actively participating on technical committees of at the local, state, and national level through relevant professional organizations.
Oversight includes organizing and monitoring labor budgets for assigned projects, mentoring junior staff as appropriate, circulating assigned bridge project status updates to supervisor and other team members. You will bring skills that complement the need to consistently meet project deliverable dates and budgets for assigned projects as well as to provide Quality Control on all assigned project deliverables. Candidate must have the ability to develop/build upon working relationships with clients and other engineering consultants. Participation on technical committees at national professional organizations is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering (Master’s degree preferred) from an ABET accredited university with an emphasis on structural design
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive structural engineering design experience; complex bridge design experience preferred
- Must have an IL professional engineering (PE) registration with the ability to obtain comity in other jurisdictions as required
- Registered Structural Engineer in Illinois
- Good working knowledge of MicroStation, Excel, MathCad, variety of Structural Design Software, (examples include STAAD, MDX, LPILE, CONSPAN, RISA, LARSA)
- Experience working on Traditional Bid-Build and Design-Build delivery, General Engineering Consultant / Owner’s Representative contracts
- Experience managing and mentoring engineering staff
- Experience with business development
In addition to the position’s skills, education and experience requirements, the following RS&H competencies are considered foundational to understanding performance, now and in the future.
· Change Orientation
· Client Focus
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.