Ayres Associates’ structural engineers have proudly served Wisconsin communities for more than 50 years. We’re seeking an experienced and driven structural engineer who’s ready for a new career opportunity managing projects and supervising talented structural engineering staff. The ideal candidate will have a passion for leading structural design teams, a sound technical background, enjoy project management responsibilities, and strategically align our talents with opportunities.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Lead and manage structural design projects in Wisconsin and nearby states.
- Take the lead in successfully marketing and winning structural design projects.
- Prepare and negotiate contract documents.
- Schedule, manage, and lead teams performing structural design of bridges and ancillary structures.
- Review structural designs, plans, and reports as engineer-of-record in conformance with applicable regulations and scopes of services.
- Work with various governmental agencies, private sector clients and subconsultants.
- Assist in structural design projects across the country.
- Support and participate in the supervision, development, and mentorship of staff.
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with an emphasis in structural engineering.
- A Professional Engineering (PE) license in the State of Wisconsin.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the structural design of bridges and other structures.
- Prior experience in supervising and mentoring staff.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Desired skills and experiences:
- Proven success managing Wisconsin local bridge program projects and developing client relationships.
- Ability to conduct effective client presentations.
- Ability to work independently and with other team members in multiple office.
- Proven success in meeting client expectations, profitably managing projects, maintaining design schedules, and adhering to applicable regulations.
- Eagerness to cultivate a team environment where all staff members feel valued and supported and all ideas flow freely.
- NBIS qualified Certified Bridge Inspector (CBI) and Inspection Team Leader (ITL) in the State of Wisconsin beneficial, but not required.
- Structural design experience involving buildings and dams beneficial, but not required.