Job Description: Harris Corp. is seeking a Structural Engineer to support our Navy PMRF customer in Kekaha, HI.
Since 1993, we have provided technical support services for the operation and maintenance of Pacific Missile Range Facility (PMRF) range systems, which is the world’s largest instrumented missile range. This has included operations planning and conduct, testing, studies, engineering design, depot level maintenance, AIS security, and software development and testing. Systems responsibility includes surveillance and tracking radar, telemetry, operations control rooms and associated computers, aerial targets, ordnance, marine department with three boats, control tower, communications, electronic warfare, and networks.
Provide a variety of engineering services for planning and design of new construction and improvements to existing facilities and structures systems at PMRF Barking Sands, Kauai.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Engineer, design, and develop plans for improvements to facilities, structures, and analysis of weight handling equipment.
- Facilities and Structures systems include steel, wood and masonry buildings, steel and wood radar towers and antenna stands.
- Weight handling systems include fixed and mobile cranes as well as lifting gear and other appurtenances such as strong backs and harnesses.
- Interface with Government counterparts and Manu Kai operating personnel on facility requirements, design, and development considerations.
- Prepare and monitor installation design plans and work order improvements to facilities.
- Research and prepare cost estimates, specifications and standards, and procurement packages for new or modified facilities.
- Monitor construction of new installations and participate in installation quality assurance inspections and site acceptance tests.
- Coordinate with other Engineers and Planner/Estimators to develop multi-discipline design projects.
- Prepare and submit reports including engineering analysis and investigate studies as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Must be able to lift, push or pull 25-50 lbs. Positions include sitting.
- Environmental: Customer Contact, Office Laboratory and Field Assignment.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited University or College is required. Master’s degree in structural engineering is preferred. Passing of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam and the intent to become professionally licensed is a plus. Minimum of 6+ years of related experience.
- Minimum of three years experience in the structural design and analysis of wood, steel and masonry structures.
- Experience should include engineering design, estimating, materials takeoff, and construction management. Experience with Hawaii design codes and construction practices is preferred.
- Experience in supervision of other engineers is a plus.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers using the following: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and AutoCAD or AutoCAD Lite software applications.