You will be responsible for designing structural building systems and preparing detailed structural engineering drawings and calculations. Responsibilities will also include construction administration services and collaboration with architectural and engineering teams.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop structural designs from concept through completion of construction.
- Prepare engineering design calculations and structural system layouts.
- Prepare detailed engineering reports and narratives.
- Coordinate structural design requirements with architecture, structure and other disciplines.
- Produce construction documents using Revit.
- Write and review specifications.
- Review shop drawings, RFIs and submittals.
- Conduct site visits when needed.
- Collaborate with architects, other engineers, and clients as part of our integrated design process.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural or Architectural/Structural Engineering.
- 8+ years of buildings structural engineering experience, including the design of concrete, masonry, steel, wood materials; gravity and lateral systems.
- Licensed Professional Structural Engineer (SE) in the State of California.
- Working knowledge of current structural software (ETABS, SAP, SAFE, RAM, ADAPT, RISA, Enercalc).
- Goal oriented with strong skills in problem solving, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Understanding of commercial building materials, systems, and assemblies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Master’s degree in Civil/Structural or Architectural/Structural Engineering.
- Experience and interest in sustainable building design.
- Experience with BIM including Autodesk Revit workflow.