Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Our Orlando, FL office is seeking a full-time Structural Engineer with 6+ years of experience to lead challenging projects of various construction types in a wide range of industry sectors. Projects will vary in locality from local and regional work to overseas, providing unique engineering experiences. Project types will include municipal, industrial, commercial, government, forensic, renovation work on historic structures, and civil works (spillways, flood walls, and gate structures) projects for the US Army Corps of Engineers.
The successful candidate will work with other Tetra Tech team members in the delivery of company project initiatives related to structural engineering. The ideal candidate enjoys working as a team player in an office environment and seeing the work followed-through during onsite visits.
- Leading the structural engineering design for a multitude of projects
- Delivering quality projects on time and within budget
- Leading a team of Structural Engineers and Designers for larger projects
- Interfacing with clients throughout the design and construction process
- Mentor junior Engineers
- Preparing and checking design calculations of structural systems
- Writing forensic and investigation reports
- Delegating engineering and drafting responsibilities to others in a project team setting
- Defining the structural system by modeling in Revit
- Designing to local and State Codes, as well as Federal Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) guidelines.
- Utilizing advanced structural engineering software tools
- Participating in Construction Administration activities when required by the project
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (Masters preferred)
- Registered or in the process of becoming a licensed P.E (S.E. preferred)
- Six plus years of related experience as a Structural Engineer
- Knowledgeable in the design of structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, aluminum, and wood. Experience with designing structures located in geographical areas prone to hurricanes and high seismicity is a plus.
- Must be willing to learn Revit, if not already known.
- Proficient with structural engineering design software such as RISA 3D.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Well organized and able to work independently
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment on projects ranging from studies to detailed design
- We will consider candidates of all levels, however experienced candidates are preferred.