Buchart Horn, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a self motivated Structural Engineer with excellent communication skills to join our Structural Design Team in our York, PA office. The Structural Engineer will be responsible for managing projects with minimal oversight from proposal phase through construction administration. This position offers a great deal of growth potential for someone looking for a opportunity to develop into a leadership roll in the career. The ideal candidate will be a licensed Professional Engineer, with experience designing building structures, and possess excellent technical knowledge of building codes and standards.
- Structural analysis, design, and documentation of industrial, municipal, commercial, and educational facilities.
- Perform building code review to establish structural design criteria.
- Prepare construction documents utilizing Revit.
- Effectively communicate with design team, contractors, and clients.
- Responsible for all aspects of project design including construction documents, calculations, opinion of cost estimates, specifications, contractor show drawing review, and construction field support.
- BS Degree in Architectural Engineering or Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) or EIT qualified to sit for the PE Exam within 1 year
- Minimum 4-7 years of engineering experience designing building structures
- Strong technical skills and understanding of relevant building codes, standards, and technical specifications
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to understand and effectively solve problems
- Steel, Concrete, and Masonry design experience
- Knowledge and experience with RAM, Staad, and Enercalc software
- Revit experience is required