We are seeking a Structural Engineer (Bridge Design) with 5 to 8 years of relevant experience for our Baltimore, MD office to work as a Project Engineer, primarily for bridge design and bridgeinspection projects.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Design & analysis of new and existing bridges, retaining walls, culverts, sign structures, and other structures related to transportation.
- Bridge rehabilitation design.
- Bridge load ratings.
- Construction document production, including drawings and specifications.
- Performing bridge condition inspections, inspections of highway or related structures, including leading bridgeinspection teams.
- Preparing bridgeinspectionreports and other structural investigation reports.
- Review of shop drawings, providing response to contractor's request for information.
- Providing quality check of engineer's computations, designs, or inspectionreports.
- Assist in proposal development.
The qualified candidate must possess:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (Master's Degree preferred).
- Ability to work independently.
- PE License.
- Strong skills in structural analysis and design of steel, concrete, pre-stressed concrete, and timber structures, related to transportation.
- Experience in use of Microstation and/or AutoCAD.
- Proficiency using structural analysis and design software, such as LARS, MDX, LeapBridge, STAAD, or other compatible software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Current driver's license and safe driving record.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights.
- Ability to perform field work during any time of the year.
Additional positive attributes include:
- Certified Bridge Safety Inspection (CBSI) Certification.
- Experience with bridge management database systems, such as InspectTech, VIRTIS, or ASIR.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access, Mathcad.
- Experience with Maryland SHA, MDTA, or MTA.