Structural Design Engineer
If you offer experience in mechanicalengineering, process engineering, structural engineering, you may have interest in this Structural Design Engineer role. The location is just north of Warsaw, Indiana. You should offer structural design of large (machinery and processing) equipment with height features. Agriculture and related structural engineering would be preferred, or similar market; i.e., oil and gas tanks with cat walks, or food processing plant with conveyors. You should be an engineer who can engage with new technologies, consultants, and other team members to meet project time lines, guideposts and due dates. You should be organized, creative, self-directed and have the desire to build career and create an impact.
Top Reasons to Work with our Client?
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and family-oriented work environment with flexible work/life balance schedules
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Profit Sharing, Holiday Bonus & 401k
- Excellent Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement & Dependent Scholarship Program
- Open communication, informal recognition, and team-building events
- And much more to those who are motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role!
What you’ll do:
- You will utilize FMEA structural evaluations to identify loading requirements
- You will use a gated design process while keeping a master project list to communicate progress
- You will create and develop new structural designs that will meet or exceed customer and regulatory needs
- You will coordinate and support prototype construction and validate the product to ensure it meets design and cost specifications
- You will coordinate and support prototype field testing, monitor progress, and develop enhancements where needed for a release of drawings to production
- You will communicate with the internal manufacturing, supply, and sales teams
What you need for this position?
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or other closely related engineering discipline, or the equivalent education and experience
- 3+ years of mechanicalengineeringexperience within an agricultural environment or related mechanical industry; recent college graduates will be considered with 1 year of experience within a similar industry
- 3-D CAD experience is required
- Prior experience in structural design and development of machinery and/or processing equipment with height features is required, along with knowledge of related design/structural analysis software
- Experience in balancing risk and cost so that the end product is affordable and profitable is also important
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulatory compliance standards would be a plus
- Ability to engage with other team members, consultants, and others to meet agreed timelines, budgets, and guideposts
- Other Skills: Organized, good at setting reasonable yet aggressive project plans and timelines, can take a little risk to meet objectives, creative in thought processes, desire to build a career by creating an impact in the role, self-directed
Other Important Information:
- Salaried position, bonus eligible
- Engineering Manager
- Core office hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Travel is approximately 25% and based on client needs